Hi! We are the Kim Family - Jae, Christine, Sophie, and Conner! We're so glad you found us!
We live in New York and we LOVE to travel! The more exotic and interesting the place, the better! We created this website so that we could share our adventures with you and inspire you and your family to travel more. While many families limit their travels to nearby road trips, and as much as we like those too, there is so much more to explore!
When we were pregnant with our daughter, we were worried that we would not be able to travel after having a baby. We didn't want to give up travel, so we decided to commit to traveling to an international destination every year. Now that our daughter is school age, we take time off during school breaks and long weekends to travel. Read more about how our travel journey began here.
At the age of 8, Sophie now has more stamps on her passport than some adults we know! We've taken her to Cancun, Montreal, Quebec City, Aruba, Bermuda, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Thailand - Bangkok & Chiang Mai, Bali, UAE - Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Iceland, Amsterdam, Santorini, Positano, Marrakesh, Barcelona, Paris, Qatar, and Myanmar! And those are only the international destinations we've taken her to. You can explore all the destinations we've gone together as a family on this map.
Conner got his passport at 1 month old. At 1.5 years of age, Conner has already traveled to Bermuda, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Bangkok, Myamnar, Qatar, Orlando, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, and Atlanta. He's already a baby world traveler!
We've decided to continue checking off destinations from our bucket list, while sharing these experiences with our daughter and son. These trips create lasting memories and keep us feeling excited about life! We hope our travels inspire you to check destinations off your bucket list too!
Spa-Goers and Foodies
We love spas and gourmet food, so we also share special places we've discovered locally and through our travels. We usually take turns getting spa treatments while one of us takes care of the kids, unless we are able to go somewhere local while they are in daycare/school. We do what we have to in order to make it work to make the most of our trips! Christine has also taken some cooking classes around the world as well, which is always fun too!
Hi, I’m Christine, and I’m a dreamer, a designer, an avid learner, an entrepreneur, and an explorer! I have many passions — design, personal development, nutrition, spirituality, crafts, yoga, organic cooking, wellness, writing, and more — with travel being my biggest passion.
I have a lot of degrees to attest for it — a Bachelors in Information and Decision Sciences, a Masters in Design, an MBA, Fashion Design degree from Parsons, Nutrition & Health Coaching from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, and a Culinary Degree from the Natural Gourmet Institute. Plus, many more classes and certifications that I won’t bore you with here. (I told you I had a lot of passions!)
But, my biggest passion has always been travel. I used to tell people that I work just so I can travel. Deciding to go check off our bucket lists with a baby or toddler in tow has been the best decision I’ve ever made in my life, Travel feeds my soul and makes me feel alive!
Interesting Facts About Me:
- I’m very small. 4’11” (150cm)
- My friends used to call me “paparazzi" because I was always behind the camera taking pictures of everyone.
- I have a very embarrassing picture of my 4th grade self on the cover of a How to Play Violin book.
- I used to be a workaholic, but 2 hospitalizations knocked some sense into me.
- I’m such a health nut that instead of serving my kids treats, I serve them ice popsicles made of organic berries, bananas, almond milk and superfood, and they love it! They think it’s dessert!
- My husband calls me “MacGuyver” because I can find a creative solution to anything.
Hi, I’m Jae. I don’t really like talking about myself, but Christine said that I should introduce myself to our readers, so here I go…
Before meeting Christine, I was a workaholic. Grad school, studying, working kept me pretty busy. When I told her that I had taken my first full week of vacation after 7 years of working, she thought I was crazy. Up until then, I was proud about being a workaholic and not taking many vacation days. Where did that get me? A big wound up ball of stress energy!
Fast forward just a few of years after meeting Christine, and we had traveled to London, India, Hawaii, Brazil, Mexico, Fiji, Italy, and various other places in the US. I made it a priority to take time off and travel to different places. So many new places to see!
After Sophie was born, she became our extra little carry-on during our travels. It was so much fun to see her in different environments and her reaction to new things. And now with Conner, it’s so interesting to see how different he reacts on our travels compared to Sophie!
Traveling has been a great break from my job. It’s been rejuvenating, humbling, and inspiring experience that I want to share with everyone now!
Some other facts about me:
- I left home to go to Culver Military Academy when I was 13. As scary as that was started the time, it was a life-changing experience.
- Even though I was pre-med in college, I walked out of my MCAT exam to go into finance…something that I loved, much to the dismay of my parents who were both doctors.
- I helped bail out the US Government and other International governments during the financial crisis. Boy was that stressful, but actually really exciting!
Sophie is a bundle of joy! She’s always dancing, getting excited about things, celebrating life, and planning her next birthday party 9 months early. I’ve never seen someone’s eyes light up more than when Sophie is in a toy shop. Since she was young, she would memorize the names of all her favorite characters of toys.
Although she is older now (soon to enter 3rd grade), she still carries that excitement when we go to something that interests her. We always make sure that there is something she would love to experience on every trip! We dread hearing the words “I’m bored!” from her!
Fun Facts About Sophie:
- She LOVES unicorns, rainbows, and all things colorful, happy, and cute!
- When she was a toddler, she never paid attention to Hello Kitty, but now she is a super fan!
- Harry Potter is her favorite book.
- She has a kind heart and will make sure to tend to anyone who is hurt.
- Her favorite color used to be “rainbow.” Her favorite color is now “hot, hot, hot, sparkly, glowy, pink!"
- She has a YouTube channel that she made us start when she was 3.
Conner is a super playful little boy! We love his super wobbly walk and squeals of excitement when we goof around with him. He loves to dump toys on the ground and swim in them. We don’t know how this doesn’t hurt him, but he’s always laughing while he’s doing it. This keeps us busy cleaning up after him, but it brings him so much joy!
Conner knows how to pose for pictures even though he’s not even 2 years old yet. He learned very quickly from his older sister. We know his favorite colors are blue and yellow because we always found him carrying only blue and yellow toys or crayons when he was a baby.
Fun Facts About Conner:
- His favorite characters are Baby Shark, Peppa, Elmo, and Mickey Mouse!
- He will dance and do all the motions for the Baby Shark video, even when no one is watching.
- He is super strong for a tiny boy and can carry heavy things that have shocked us!
- He likes to growl whenever he sees big animals and dinosaurs.
- His biggest hobby is to move objects from one container to another.
Or, read about our epic trip to Dhara Dhevi in Chiang Mai to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and renew our wedding vows. It was truly a special once in a lifetime trip that gave us such wonderful memories and allowed us to check it off our bucket list.
Thanks for reading!
We're so happy you found us and we'd love to hear from you! Leave us a comment on Instagram or one of our posts!
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive our updates via email!